Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Dog's Life: Barkley the yellow lab


I perk up in the backseat as my super canine sense of direction tells me we are pulling into the Canine Club. I mean it really is my favorite place to go! (don’t tell grandma I said that, although her house is a close second)
I’m in the door as fast as I can be to greet Betsy and Steph and McKayla and a few other girlfriends that take care of me every day. Ok, Ok, I know I’m cute but enough of the butt scratches, I WANT TO SEE WHO’S HERE!!

LINDAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! I just knew she would be here today to take care of me, I JUST KNEW IT. And there’s Bear and Moose and and  Ernie and Jake and Kuna and Chloe and OK you get the idea. But hey it’s still early; I know more of my friends are going to be here soon. I’ll be out here awhile, checking out my favorite spots and making sure everyone knows I was there, if you know what I mean. I’m glad Carrie is out here to throw that tennis ball for me, I just can’t get enough!

Time to eat breakfast , my mom tries to feed me at home, but she gets me up so darn early I just am not ready for that today. So she packs a breakfast and Linda gives that to me about this time each day. But only if I bring one... If I eat at home, that’s OK too! I change my mind every day because I like to keep my mom on her toes; I know she loves that about me.
Yay! I get to go outside again!!! It must be cold out because I can hardly recognize Hannah under all those coats and hats and gloves and snow pants and ear  muffs  she has on. But I could be out here all day! Only my paws get cold after awhile but all my girlfriends keep an eye on them for me to make sure I go in for a break when I need to.
Time for a nap while the staff takes a lunch break. Well sometimes I nap, or sometimes I play with Lulu in my room. I like to have friends in my room when I am inside. Some of my other friends don’t and that’s ok too. It’s good to take a break in the day so that I can catch my breath and let the snow melt off my nose. It’s always a good time to remember to take a drink too. When I am outside, I am playing so hard that sometimes I forget! Kind of like how I forgot where I put that bone last week, until my mom found it in her shoe.
It’s my favorite time of day…… SWIM TIME!!! Abby lets me outside to go potty quick, and I hurry and fast as I can because I just can’t wait! I love love love love love the pool. Seriously LOVE IT! Some of my friends don’t like it as much as me. They are magic and move the pool inside when it is cold outside! I don’t think some of my friends like to swim inside. But that’s Okay. Most of them love to swim outside in the summer. Sadie is one of my best swim buddies. That girl could tread water for hours! And did I mention her beautiful yellow hair and long white teeth and the cleanest ears I’ve ever seen and…. Sorry about that. Got a little distracted there.
Well I got all dried off after my swim. I don’t mind the blow dryer but the grooming dryer kennel is the best place for a nap after a long swim. After that it’s another trip outside to see what everyone else has been up too.

David and Deana are out throwing the Frisbee for Murphy and Bella and I have just GOT to get in on that action. Run, Run, Run, Chase, Chase, Chase…. Holy cats what a day! Speaking of cats! They have a strange room that always has lots of cats in it. I don’t know why anyone would want that but, hey, whatever wags your tail!
I can tell it’s almost time to go home when I hear those mystery voices calling my friends names. Sometimes my friends know their mom or dad is here when the car pulls in the parking lot! They are really smart. They must have gone to Caninedergarden.
But then…. Wait… is it her?…… yep…. It’s…. MY MOM!!!!
On the way to the car I can’t help but wag my tail, I have so much to tell her about! I sit in the backseat and wait for treats but before I know it I am falling asleep to that new Justin Bieber song on the radio. I don’t know what anybody hears in that guy. I mean the things they play on the radio these days… what ever happened to the Baha Men? They were awesome.
Well, I will catch up with all you guys later and let you know the latest gossip at the CCS.
Woof for now,





Check out other things going on at The Canine Club and Spa!





1 comment:

  1. Anastasia says she is in total agreement with Barkley! She keeps asking me to move the pool inside at home though?! Her favorite part is when she gets to bring her bed with because then she knows she gets to have a SLUMBERPUPPY!
    Well at at least now the mystery of who told her to hide her bone in my shoe has been solved, thanks Barkley!

    ReplyDelete